To Our Loyal Clients,
As promised, In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, we are taking the necessary actions to ensure we keep our clients and salon family safe.
We are pleased to announce we are gearing to reopen as allowed by City guidelines. We have been green-lighted for Phase 2. This means we will reopen and begin taking appointments on Monday, June 22nd.
As you may be aware, we will not accept walk-ins. Appointments MUST be made in advance.
Appointment Cancellation Policy:
Due to the limitation of staff and capacity, we will enforce a strict cancellation policy.
Cancellations MUST be made 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. A canceled appointment that does not meet this requirement will be charged as a full service with no service rendered. Please be considerate to our staff and our clients by arriving at your scheduled appointment on time. Please do not arrive anytime before as we cannot accommodate you in a waiting area. Similarly, if you arrive late, you will forfeit your appointment. Again, given our limited staff, and in order to maintain subsequent appointments at an optimal flow, we cannot accept late arrivals.
In addition, please know we are expected to follow the protocol detailed below:
COVID-19 SALON POLICIES
• If you aren’t feeling well, call and reschedule.
• Please wear a face covering with ear loops.
• Please avoid backpacks and purses. We encourage you to arrive with your
preferred method of payment and nothing else.
• Come to your appointment alone. (No children, friends, or partners).
• Arrive on time, and with patience, please.
• Sanitize your hands upon entering.
• Shampoos will not include a scalp massage – in order to limit your time
at the sinks.
• Maintaining social distance between clients in salon chairs and reduced sinks.
• Reduced capacity to 50 percent.
• We will not be offering beverages or magazines under the new regulations.
• Heightened sanitation procedures throughout.
• Our staff is required to be tested for COVID-19 prior to returning to work, and
every 2 weeks thereafter for as long as were are in Phase 2.
• We will be conducting temperature checks for staff and clients upon arrival.
• Anyone with a temp over 100.4 will be turned away.
• Masks and shields are required for all stylists and assistants.
• All staff will receive a temperature check upon arriving to the salon. Anyone
with a temp over 100.4 will be sent home.
• All tools to be sanitized (we’ve always practiced this) between clients.
• Enhanced hand and surface sanitation.
Thank you for your understanding,
We are able to welcome clients to a temporary location while we sort through the details of preparing our location for re-opening. You can find us at Kenny Styling, 529 Amsterdam Avenue between 85th and 86th streets. You can reach us at our usual phone number and email addresses. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Joe and Joseph.
Our salon will be closed from February 3rd through the 9th due to an unforeseen flood in the building. We are taking care of the situation and plan to welcome you back to our clean, safe environment soon. We will keep you informed if there are any changes to this plan. We apologize for any inconvenience and we will get back to you to reschedule as soon as possible.
Be well. Joe, and Joseph.
We can help you make wise choices suitable for your personality and lifestyle. For a complete list and prices check out our services section. salon84ny